Monday, 6 May 2013

Can you tell I'm procrastinating?

  I've noticed that I actually have followers! People that look at my posts voluntarily! Wow, that's amazing. Thank you people for keeping up with my vague intermittent posts. As reward you get a real blog post, one with words and little to no pictures (really Chrome, "blog" isn't a word?).

  The girl started day care today so it's been very quiet having no-one here. Quite strange being able to hear myself think for a longer period of time and actually get stuff done (hey, I cleaned a room or two, don't push me!). I have an assignment due tomorrow that I haven't finished. BUT I've done research for it. See? I'm getting better at this university thing. Yay, wildcats!

  Haven't taken too many photos lately for no particular reason. I actually came here to write an anecdote that I've inexplicably forgotten! Don't you hate that? You wander into a room to do something, get distracted and then forget why you ended up there in the first place. I bet I'll wander on out again and remember. Actually, this happens to me several times in real life...in a row. And it's not until what feels like the 50th time I've gone into the room that I remember what I was doing (normally something menial like fix a rug).

  On that note, I'll talk about something that wasn't the something I came here for but too long for twitter (which, for the record, is where most of my random anecdotes end up. You should check it out. It's...sometimes hilarious, mostly whiny. Hmm...maybe you shouldn't. Just pretend I'm a nice, non-whining person that is a nice wholesome home-maker who makes fifty cakes a day. Yeah.).

  So, my children exhibit what I like to call "the tunnel effect". Basically, if you make an arch of some sort with your body (say, you're standing with your legs hip-width apart whilst exercising, or you're sitting on the floor with your feet flat on the ground) my children will want to and eventually will crawl through the impromptu tunnel. Normally this isn't a problem.

  There was this one time I was doing stretches and my daughter was crying and she, instead of coming to be picked up, crawled through my legs instead. Another time, I was doing dinner or something and she saw me from the hall and crawled as fast as she could through my legs in case I decided to move.

  The thing is, it's not just the girl that does it, the boy will do it too. Though, it mostly occurs when the girl is around but even when very upset they'll both still crawl through the tunnel like it's in their kid contracts they signed at birth or something. Sometimes, if there isn't enough room for them, they will force their way through, even if it induces crying, just to make it through. No-one's happy at the end of that.

  I'm starting to wonder if it's a compulsion. Do all children do this? I imagine a lot of children like to do it but it seems like mine go to extreme lengths to make it happen. And it HAS to happen. (Don't mistake this for ACTUAL concern for their psyche, I'm sure it's quite normal. Or rather I hope it is, or it's just one of those strange things that they do as brother and sister. Kind of like how I like to make up operatic songs about their escapades. Which is TOTALLY NORMAL. Okay!?)

  Nope, still have no idea what that anecdote was. I'll probably remember again a few months down the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment